The Headland’s spa offering is impressive, consisting of the recently updated original hotel spa, plus cosy cottages, and the new, architecturally awesome Aqua Club.
The original spa has a decent sized hydrotherapy pool, a traditional Swedish sauna, Cornish
salt steam room, indoor hot tub, and aromatherapy showers.
The new Aqua Club takes the spa to the next level. It’s a beautifully designed purpose-built
space using natural materials to reflect, and make the most of, its coastal location.
There are three indoor pools:
• 25-metre training pool
• Indoor hydrotherapy pool (adult only)
• dedicated children’s splash pool
– with hydraulic pool lift aid for anyone with mobility issues
• heated sunset spa and edge pools – sheltered, with a sun terrace and sea views
• heated outdoor vitality pool
Under 12s aren’t allowed in the hydrotherapy pool, vitality pool or the sunset spa pool. 12-
16s can use the pools but need to have an adult with them.
Other facilities include:
• 6 treatment rooms – including two doubles, each with their own shower
• Relaxation room
There’s also a VIP suite with its own hot tub/jacuzzi if you fancy some privacy
3-hour Aqua Club sessions are bookable for £30, less for kids. Aqua Club access is free to hotel and cottage guests. And robes are available for day guests to hire.